Hi! My name is Sean Hennessy, and I run Riverside Chess Club. Chess is my greatest passion in life so I've made it my career. I teach beginner and intermediate chess to students of ages 5-105 with a structured syllabus that I tailor to your strengths and weaknesses. For online tutoring, I use Chess.com. Meetings start with a fun chess variant followed by a lesson on a specific topic, then we'll play a game and analyze it together. You can also send me other games to analyze during the lesson, or pick your own topics like how to play a certain opening. I encourage everyone to do puzzles daily, and look at the game review for your games.
- My goal is for you to fall in love with the game, learn, and have fun
- Recipient of Chess Journalists of America’s 2022 Best Online Interview Award
- US Chess Certified Club Tournament Director
- MS in Agricultural and Applied Economics at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Students at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Certificate of Teaching for a Positive Future from the Institute for Humane Education
- 4+ years of formal teaching experience in chess, economics, and snowboarding